Far, Far From Land
Kristen Mcmenamy by Tim Walker
This hurts so much more today
OH MY GOD
I want the Jasmine one, badly.
I would literally weep with joy if I had the Rapunzel one
I’m a dude but I really want the Mulan or Pocahontas one
If someone proposed to me with the Cinderella one, I’d marry him on the spot.
punzie’s but silver pls & a regular diamond.
THEY ARE ALL OKAY, and all those things could exist in THE SAME WOMAN. Women shouldn’t be valued because we are strong, or kick-ass, but because we are people. So don’t focus on writing characters who are strong. Write characters who are people. —madlori
Modeled on this post. This quote needed a gifset that featured a more diverse group of women. Because my takeaway from Lori’s marvelous answer (seriously, go read all of it) is that representation fucking matters and that great female characters do not—and should not—fit into the same cookie cutter mold. Because actual women are not one size fits all. And the irony of having that message cross my dash repeatedly with exclusively young, white, straight, cis women who match a prescriptive definition of beauty was getting to me.
Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States